Basic Servitor Creation
One of the most unique things to Chaos Magic is the creation of a Servitor. This is, however, some of the more advanced magics. It requites you to be able to be able to know how to properly banish any living entities from your presence. It also requires you to know how to cast a circle or do a banishing first.
The circle can be created using the Wiccan tradition, Qubaalistic, or any way, depending on the magician’s preference. Which ever way a protective boundary must be created and the servitor must be created in such a protective boundary.
Servitors represent one of the more versatile tools in the arsenal of the modern magician. They can be thought of as manifestations of the magician’s desire brought to life through the magician’s will/perception. The servitor is a semi autonomous entity programmed to carry out the will of the magician. They range from short term throw away servitors to long term servitors capable of performing a variety of tasks. Their shelf life and their parameters are determined by the magician during the creation process.
1. Decide upon the general purpose for which you are forming a servitor. For example this may be “To assist me in all matters concerning the acquiring of wealth for myself and others.” You should treat this as a statement of intent and tighten it up as you would do normally.
2. Decide upon a name and physical appearance for your servitor. These should be symbolic of your intent
3. Make a model to serve as a material base for the servitor. Some folks use ready made models such as lead miniatures for this. I prefer to sculpt mine out of wax or clay. This will allow you to include herbs and minerals symbolic of the servitor’s purpose in the model. It can also include a small quantity of blood, semen, or a hair. These substances have a reputation for forming a strong magical connection and accumulating magical power.
4. The creation ritual itself:
a. Lay out the place where you are working as you would normally. Place the (Wax, clay, lead) figure in the center of your ritual circle etc.
b. Banish with your usual banishing ritual. This is quite important. Spirits that are left in your circle can be sucked into your servitor creating unintended results.
c. Name the servitor. It’s usually prudent to give it a name relating to the task at hand.
d. Fill your body with energy, and concentrate this energy in a ball in your dominate hand. Take the (Wax, clay, lead) servitor figurine in your non-dominate hand, see it as a small sleeping creature. Breath upon it saying “Come Alive, .” Pouring some of the energy from your right hand into it. See it starting to stir. Repeat this a symbolically appropriate number of times until you have used all the energy from your hand. Each time your call to the servitor must be more fervent, and you should see and feel the servitor becoming more awake. With the final cry it’s eyes spring open and you can feel its tiny heartbeat in your hand.
e. Now with the full force of your will, you must aloud specify to the servitor its function, the duration of time for which it shall exist and the method by which it may be destroyed. For example say ” you shall assist me in all matters concerning the acquisition of wealth for myself and others. You shall obey such spoken commands that I give you when I call you by name. The term of your existence shall be for four years from this day. Your existence shall cease upon the shattering of this your material base, at which point you shall be reabsorbed into me, your absolute, this being the fulfillment of your nature. Feed upon the energies of the universe*. Defy my will and face the dissolution back into my being.”
f. Command the servitor now to rest within it’s material base when he is not doing your will.
5. Do not forget to reabsorb the servitor when its time limit has expired! Leaving a servitor to run free can have bad consequences on your health.
*You can also make the servitor feed upon the energy of others effectively turning it into a vampire but it’s better to keep the tasks simple.